Canada Summer Jobs
Marketing Assistant (2 positions) at St. Vincent de Paul Stores (Ottawa) Inc.
Our Thrift Store is looking for two Marketing Assistants to enhance and expand the store’s marketing activities and online presence. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for content creation and management through social media, website, and other vehicles.
The position calls for the monitoring of active marketing programs and development of ways to improve those campaigns. The position requires creativity and flexibility. As such, the Marketing Assistant will submit ideas for experimental marketing initiatives designed to enhance and grow the thrift store’s brand.
Candidates must demonstrate support for charitable causes and social justice. Some of the tasks include:
– Creation of an email marketing tool using MailChimp;
– development and roll-out of an online marketing plan;
– development of analytical reports to track success of web, social media, newsletter, and other platforms;
– production of relevant, engaging content using all forms of media including written, video, still and motion graphics.
The candidate must possess:
– strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency with the Google platform;
– ability to use Adobe, InDesign or Canva is an asset;
– Knowledge of HTML and WordPress an asset;
– Excellent writing and editing skills;
– experience creating and editing digital content for target audiences across platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
– experience with photography and video production;
– Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment;
– excellent problem solving skills;
– ability to get along with others and a team player;
– strong communication and organizational skills;
– bilingualism an asset.
Prerequisites: Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution studying marketing, advertising or related field.